Introducing CATA On Demand
Fast, easy, affordable rides around Gloucester.
CATA On Demand is a public, on-demand transit service. Think of us like a minibus that comes when you want, where you want–give us your pickup and dropoff addresses, and we’ll provide a few ride options. Choose the one that works best for you and we’ll send a driver your way.
Service hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am-8pm.
Price: $2 per trip.
Your employer may be participating in a program that lets you unlock free rides–check with your company directly for more info.
How to Create an Account
- Search “CATA On Demand” in the App Store or Google Play store and tap the download icon.
- Open the app, press Get Started, and enter your personal info.
- Enter your credit or debit card info.
How to Book a Ride
- Create an account.
Download the CATA On Demand app from the App Store or Google Play store and follow the simple signup steps.
- Meet your driver.Book a ride.
Enter your pickup and drop-off addresses and choose the ride option that works for you.
- Check the app to find out exactly where to meet the vehicle, which may be a short walk from the address you gave us.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We’re working hard to ensure that every trip you take is as safe and worry-free as possible. Here is what we’ve put in place:
- Face masks required. Everyone on board is required to wear a face mask or face covering. Passengers not wearing a face mask may be refused service.
- Wellness checks. In-app wellness checks help make sure passengers and drivers are symptom-free and ready to ride before they get going. Please stay home if you have either been diagnosed with COVID-19, think you’re exhibiting symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently tested positive.
- Limited vehicle capacity. Vehicle capacity is limited in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Additionally, in vehicles with automatic doors, please wait for the driver to open and close the door to avoid touching the handles.
- Regular vehicle cleaning. Vehicles are being professionally cleaned regularly and we’ve provided drivers with cleaning supplies in order to perform frequent and thorough wipe downs of the vehicle interior, with extra focus on common surfaces and high-contact areas. They’re also equipped with plastic partitions between drivers and riders.
Can I bring someone along with me?
You can bring additional passengers with you, we request you try to limit it to 2 additional passengers. Please note that each additional passenger costs $2.
Why am I being asked to walk to my pickup spot?
Our tech pairs riders heading in the same direction, meaning passengers might be getting picked up and dropped off throughout your ride. In order to keep things moving as quickly and efficiently as possible, we usually ask you to meet us at a nearby corner instead of right outside the address you entered — that way, the driver doesn’t have to make any detours that could slow things down.
How do I know where to meet my driver?
After you book a ride, the app will display your pickup spot — we’ll either give you the address or business name at your pickup spot to help you find it. Either way, there will always be a dotted line to show you how to get there!
What happens if I cancel my ride?
If you cancel a ride, there’s no charge. However, please remember that CATA On Demand is a community service and cancelling rides can impact other riders. If the driver cannot locate you after the 2-minute waiting period, you’ll be charged a no-show penalty of $1.
What do I do if my driver left without me?
Re-book directly in your app, and then send an email explaining what happened to [email protected]. You won’t be charged for this ride
What do the vehicles look like?
All vehicles are branded with CATA On Demand’s logo and colors, so they should be easy to spot.
Are vehicles wheelchair accessible?
Yes! Please let us know you need a WAV when you book your ride by tapping your profile picture or image at the top of the app menu and tapping the Wheelchair toggle to turn it on.
Can I change my destination once I’m on board?
Once you start a ride, the destination cannot be changed. If you have not yet boarded the vehicle, you can cancel the ride and re-book with a new destination.
Can I set a favorite location in the app?
Yes. Tap the Favorites tab in the app menu, then tap Set Home Address or Set Work Address and type in the address of your preferred location.
Can I leave feedback for my driver?
Feel free to fill out the feedback screen in the app after your ride.
How do I reset my password?
Open the app and select Get Started. In the password box, select Forgot your password? and follow the prompts.