CATA has a two bag limit to ensure space for all customers on the bus. Please be respectful of your fellow passengers and abide by this rule. In addition, CATA drivers will not load a grocery store’s shopping cart onto the bus.
CATA drivers are not allowed to accept tips. CATA is a public service.
CATA dispatchers and schedulers cannot place a customer on a specific driver’s route nor can they guarantee that a customer will not have a specific driver. If you have concerns about a particular driver, please call the office at 978-283-7916.
Seat Belt Policy
All customers are required by law to wear their seat belt while on the CATA Paratransit vans.
Customers are responsible for providing and securing car seats if required for any children traveling on the vehicle.
- For your safety, do not cross in front of the bus. Let the bus pass and look both ways before crossing street.
- No smoking, eating or drinking.
- No loud talking, noise or radios
- Offensive behavior will not be tolerated. The offender will be subject to ejection from the bus.
- Pay or show pass upon boarding-exact change is required,
- Appropriate dress, shirt, shoes, and mask/face covering required.
- No rollerblades
- Only caged or service animals allowed.
No bus service on Sundays or the following dates except where listed:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents Day
- Patriot’s Day
- Memorial Day
- July 4th
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Christmas Day
Reports of bus service interruption due to weather or other emergencies will be broadcast on WBOQ 104.9 FM.